So who am I, anyway?
My name is Maria Haskins. I’m a mom, wife, writer, Swedish-Canadian, and translator. I was born and raised in Sweden, but moved to Canada in the early 1990s. Right now, I’m located just outside Vancouver with two kids, a husband, and a very large black dog.
I debuted as a writer in Sweden. My first book, a collection of poetry, was published in 1989. It took me a long time to become comfortable with the idea of writing and publishing my work in English, but in 2015 I took the leap and self-published ODIN’S EYE, a collection of science fiction short stories; and CUTS & COLLECTED POEMS 1989-2015, a collection of poetry.
These days, I mainly write a variety of speculative fiction: science fiction, fantasy, sometimes a touch of horror.
- At bookscover2cover: Maria Haskins on science-fiction, fantasy, and music
- At Gwendolyn Kiste’s website: Music, Magic, and the Macabre: Interview with Maria Haskins
- At Maria Savva’s blog: An Interview With Maria Haskins
- At Helle Gade’s website: Meet author Maria Haskins.
- A chat with me at Lisette Brodey’s Writers’ Chateau: Chat with Maria Haskins.
- At Ben Ditmars’ website: And Now a Poetic Interview with Maria Haskins!
- At Eden Baylee’s website: Eden’s Exchange talks to author @MariaHaskins
More about my work:
Find me elsewhere online: